my2wheels

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

First blog about riding


This blog was primarily set up having in mind the upcoming cross country ride in 2007 that Mike Scott and myself are planning. I wanted to find a way to share our experience with friends and family which would be easy to use, effective, and allowing us to share text and as many pictures as we would like.
The first real test will be the Tour de France cyclotourist from June 24 to July 14, 2006. Meanwhile, let's use the blog to see how good we feel about it.
Today, I am still feeling lousy, but I know that I must ride as often as I can to rebuild fitness of my cardiovascular system and rebuild strength in my muscles. The weather today was great for that. Temperature 62, almost springlike, not too much wind and above all, dry.
I did 15.6 miles at 13.5 mph with an average heart rate of 146. Long way to go ! On top of that, I am kind of scare on the road, and although I wear everything I possibly can to be seen, I am afraid of the driver on a cell phone, or looking somewhere else, or just not paying attention. Hopefully, I will get back to normal soon.
I am just posting this one picture of me returning home after the ride. However, if you would like to look at all the pictures that I have posted, go to my personal library. If you only want to look at the pictures related to bicycling, you can either pick the sets you want to look at, or search by tag, using "bicycling" as a tag.
Obviously, I won't post a blog everyday but rather when we have rides out of the ordinary, or when interesting thins happen in relation to TBA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home